Forums for The Rising Shadow Guild on the Silver Hand WoW Server
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Zayphod - Mage
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:30 pm 

Race: Gnome
Class: Mage
Previous Guilds:
No Options (Lightbringer) - was there for one month; issues with a friend / sponsor seemed to spill down towards me, so I moved the last of my characters over to SH.
Redeemed (Stonemaul) – was there for 3+ years; co-GL, RL on occasion. Left for more progression; members were asking too much of the RLs / Officers and weren’t showing sufficient levels of commitment on their own part to meet said goals.

Previous MMORPGs:
I generally made fun of people that played them (i.e didn’t play them) …then someone turned me on to WoW a few weeks after it was released. Now I stick to making fun of myself :D

Gear Level:
A mix of T5/6, some MH and BT components…as well as some badge gear. One remaining crafted item that will be replaced shortly (gloves moving from Spellfire to badge gloves). I have a full SR set, save the neck, but running Mage Armor, with raid buffs, and the crafted items, I’m at around 350 if I recall correctly.

Reason for Joining:
I’m generally looking for a somewhat casual raiding guild. By casual I mean not raiding seven nights a week…3 or so is preferred, however with competent and prepared people, 3 nights should be sufficient. Also, it’s important to have family time (obviously) so something that coincides with my availability is generally just plain necessary (6/30+ ST). Looking at the schedule, both Fridays and Sat will likely not be a good fit, however if one of those nights is sufficient, I can easily make one or the other with the preference being Sat.

Some general comments…
3 things I enjoy about WoW
1.) It’s generally a pretty open game…there’s something for everyone…including my wife who’s terribad at video games
2.) There’s quite a bit of thought behind it in terms of the theorycrafting groups (e.g. EJ, etc…) that make for great reads while bored at work!
3.) You can make your UI look like Hello Kitty

3 things I hate about WoW
1.) You can make your UI look like Hello Kitty
2.) People that don’t go to raids prepared
3.) Trade channel

In general, I’m a pretty laid back, easy going person that enjoys having fun in the game while expecting myself and others to play at their best.