It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dardrina - Shadow Priest
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:24 am 

Race: Night Elf
Class: Priest
1: Guild History:

The Druids of Bliss (Shu'halo)
Reason for leaving: I found there wasn't much camaraderie in this guild. At the time, I was totally green to WoW, and I suppose I joined just to be in a guild as I leveled. However, I found myself soloing most of the time anyways.

The Mothers (Shu'halo)
Reason for leaving: In short, I wanted to raid and the rest of the guild wasn't ready. I wasn't the first to leave for this reason, and the GM completely understood. I remained in contact with them all until transferring my alts to Silver Hand recently.

Adhuil Tarragon (Shu'halo)
Reason for leaving: Shortly after I joined, the GM left for an officer position in another (more progressed) raiding guild. After half the guild jumped ship with her, I too decided to leave.

Censored (Shu'halo)
Reason for leaving: I quietly left after months of disorganized raiding. Raids rarely started on time and were often cancelled due to a lack of people showing up. Most of our raids looked like pugs (with several guilds participating) and usually ended with arguments between officers.

Progression (Antonidas)
Reason for leaving: I really only joined Progression because I'd just arrived to Antonidas and didn't have a guild. I made friends quickly and sort of became one of the "go to" people for my class. :D I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I'd somehow taken a step back, as far as progression and content go. I stayed on Antonidas for the duration of my transfer cooldown and left for Blackhand.

Gwen Stefani (Blackhand)
Reason for leaving: In the end, the biggest reason for leaving is I simply could not make their raids on time.

The Blacklist (Silver Hand)
Reason for leaving: As Attrocity stated, progression has sort of come to a halt. If I thought it were possible to pull through this, I would never leave. However, after losing several core raiders, I just don't see The Blacklist continuing to progress at the same rate as I've grown accustomed to. *waves to Attro*

2: Previous MMORPGs:

Not applicable; World of Worcraft is the first and only MMORPG for me. :)

3: Reason for wanting to join TRS:

a. I would like to be a part of a group of exceptional players with the same level of preparedness and dedication that I believe I have.
b. Your 6:30pm start time for raids will work great with my schedule.
c. I consider Attrocity a friend, and it would be nice to follow him (should he make it). :) By the way, he did not put me up to this. I just happened to see his appliction here.

4: Gear:

Shadow - I have four T7 - 7.5 pcs, and the rest comparable or better. However, I have yet to replace my "Mark of the War Prisoner." I also have 2/3 pcs. of FR gear. It seemed sufficient, so I never made the 3rd, but I have no problem doing so if asked.

Healy - I also have a mediocre healing set, which is a mixture of some of my dps gear and a bunch stuff I /roll 1 on in 10mans and pugs. I heal "disc" whenver I have to heal, but I'm far better gear (and skilled) for dps. For some reason, Disc healing is a lot more comfortable for me than Holy. I'm positive that will change and I'll learn a lot about all three specs to play each one just as effectively as the other.

PvP - I recently joined 2 arena teams, but I haven't been online lately to play with them. I do have my phases, though, where I'll spend a whole day in BGs. Aside from the "Deadly" chest I received from Arch-25, and the one "Hateful" pants I have (w/ Emblems of Valor), I'm mostly wearing the "Savage" blues. The rest is some trailoring stuff with resilience on it that I created myself. My resilience is now up to (I believe) 678, which I hear is only half the battle. Yikes! It's a work in progress. :D

Armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silver+Hand&n=Dardrina

5: Other

Unfortunately, I don't think I have any friends in TRS (none that I can remember.)
I'm pretty laid back. When not raiding, I'm usualy farming for consumables to use for raids, doing dailies and using my crafting to trade in AH. When all of that is done, I might enjoy a little pvp or level one of my alts. Either way, most of what I do in my spare time is preparing for raids (farming, enchanting, gemming, studying strategies, etc.).

I know my spec well and believe I play my Shadow priest to the best of my abiltiy. I'd like to also say it's not at all about loot as it is about taking part in clearing new content. I look forward to the new patch.

Shadowpriest.com (my Spriest bible), the forums, Maxdps.com and Elitistjerks are places I visit for theorycrafting. I admit I've put 100% of this effort into the shadow spec so far. I plan to put some of that enery into being as good at another spec (peferrablly Disc :D ). However, shadow is my first love and I consider myself and expert at it.

Thank you for taking the time to read. Have a great day!

Last edited by Dardrina on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:49 am 

Class: Warrior
awsome

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:14 pm 
Raid Officer

Race: Draenei
Class: Shaman
Wonderful to see you, great job on your application

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:51 pm 

Class: Hunter
Having been an officer of the Blacklist and knowing Dardrina for several months I would like to offer my sincerest recommendations for her. She is an awesome, skilled and incredibly dedicated player and would be a great addition to any guild.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:58 am 

Awww, thank you Attro. I appreciate that. :)

I'll take this opportunity to say that Attro is also one of those exceptional players I mentioned in answer #3. That is part of the reason I am compelled to follow where he goes. He has not only been a friend and an outstanding player, but someone in The Blacklist that new and long-standing members could look up to and count on. I really have learned a lot from him and hope to continue that, whether we end up in the same guild or not.

Hi Junglebird and Tegra! Thanks for the great compliments. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:50 pm 

I sent a couple of people PMs, but I thought I'd also follow up with a forum message.

To make a long story short, I am purchasing a new computer specifically for gaming/home entertainment. After having to re-image my laptop, I've chosen not to re-install WoW as I use this computer for work. I should have my new computer withing the next 1-2 weeks. I will certainly understand if I'm not selected based on this information. If that is the case, I wish you all the best of luck. :)

I'm am having the worst Wow withdrawals! Arrgh! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:07 pm 

Class: Warrior
Hope to see you back soon =]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:38 pm 

Me too! This is the longest I've ever been away from the game. LOL, it's only been 3 weeks...a very painful 3 weeks. :lol:

FYI, I should be up and running on Wednesday night (2/11/09). Woot! Hopefully, you guys still need a Shadow Priest by then. I was so looking forward to joining TRS. If not, keep me in mind for pugs/heroics. :D

Have a great weekend.